Get the chance and represent BME to test your prototype at JOSEPHS – The Open Innovation Lab!
The Research & Innovation dimension of EELISA, EELISA innoCORE , pursues the ambitious goal to transform EELISA into the first European University that can offer test spaces for prototypes to its startups, researchers, and innovators. To promote this goal, EELISA InnoCORE calls for participation in the first EELISA prototype contest. The winning prototype will get an EELISA test space (worth 15,000 €) at JOSEPHS – The Open Innovation Lab in Nuremberg, Germany.
Additionally, applicants with the best prototype from each EELISA partner will be eligible to participate in a co-creation workshop led by JOSEPHS’ open innovation experts.
Proposals can be submitted until 18 November 2022. The expected date to open the JOSEPHS test space for the winning prototype is mid-December 2022.
The call is open to startups, researchers, and innovators from all EELISA institutions (including startups founded by alumni of EELISA institutions who can apply up to five years after the founders graduated). Applicants should have a clear intention to develop their prototype into a high-quality product ready for successful market entry in Europe. Applications from all disciplines are welcome, with a preferred relation to innovation, technical solutions, and Sustainable Development Goals.
Eligible prototypes must fulfill the following criteria:
– Can be consumer goods, tangible ideas, or even apps. These prototypes may be physical, digital, or hybrid.
– They should be of interest to the general public, i.e., to potential customers accessible via Nuremberg’s shopping mile. (Note: A prototype whose target group consists exclusively of a very limited group, such as for example business owners, hospital directors, or people with very rare skills or needs, etc., is not eligible.)
– Must be suitable to be tested in English or German.
– The winning prototype must be suitable to be sent to JOSEPHS by mail or by other means.
Note: The winner of the first EELISA prototype contest has to take responsibility for the cost of shipping the winning prototype to JOSEPHS. Shipping costs of up to 250 € can be reimbursed. After the test space period, the prototype will be sent back to the winners by JOSEPHS if it is not heavier than 30 kg and its package dimensions do not exceed 120 x 60 x 60 cm. Otherwise, the winner of the first EELISA prototype contest has to take responsibility for the cost of shipping the winning prototype from JOSEPHS back home. Shipping costs of up to 250 € can be reimbursed.
– Prototypes should not be heavier than 100 kg, not need more than approximately four square meters of test space, and not be higher than 2 meters.
– Must be easy and safe to assemble by non-experts without special technical training.
– The setup of prototypes should not require special expertise.
– Prototypes should be operational with regular technical infrastructure (Wi-Fi, electricity, etc.).
– Hazardous goods are not eligible.
Submission deadline: Friday, 18 November 2022
Feedback on the winning prototypes: No later than Wednesday, 30 November 2022
Period of the EELISA test space at JOSEPHS: Mid-December 2022 until at least January 2023
Feedback Report: Within three weeks after the end of the EELISA test space at JOSEPHS
Workshop: First quarter of 2023
What can you win?
– The winner of the first EELISA prototype contest will get the EELISA test space at JOSEPHS (worth 15,000 €).
– The applicants with the best prototype from each EELISA partner will get a co-creation workshop with JOSEPHS’ open innovation experts.
Note: If you are interested and your EELISA institution can provide the costs for travel and subsistence, the EELISA test space and the co-creation workshop at JOSEPHS may be supplemented by an EELISA mobility.
Application process and key documents
Please use this application form for the First EELISA Prototype Contest to apply for the call and send the completed document as one PDF to email@example.com (and firstname.lastname@example.org in copy) no later than 18 November 2022.
Click here to find the complete information for the Call for the First EELISA Prototype Contest. The document includes detailed information about the evaluation process and the evaluation criteria. Applicants must carefully read the call before submitting the proposal!