The EELISA European University Alliance formed in 2020 aims to establish a common framework for quality engineering education in Europe.
“We believe that this union in diversity […] [will be able] to transform engineering higher education in Europe, and to build new bridges between the applied sciences and education in order to train a new generation of engineers who will be engaged citizens able to face the challenges of tomorrow.” /EELISA Mission Statement/
- Project Management
- Enabling Engineering Curriculum
- Education Management Accreditation
- EELISA Communities
- Link between Education, Research and Innovation
- Internships, Apprenticeships and Partnerships
- Mobility, Inclusiveness and Student Participation
- Disciplinary Broadening
- Communication and Dissemination
The Work Package leading the establishment of International Internships, Apprenticeships and Partnerships held a meeting at Budapest on the 29-30th September.
Members explored the following topics:
- The fundraising model for the next phase of our European University Alliance. Opening of 2023 Erasmus+ European Universities calls are now open that comes with record budget of €384 million.
- Establishing an ecosystem of private and public-authority partnerships interested in investing in training future generations of engineers. Discussions have started with leading stakeholders from the engineering sector at a Workshop arranged by BME in May 2022.
- Designing Stakeholder Workshop and Employability fora that are due to be scheduled in Spring 2023.
Next steps include:
- Promoting EELISA opportunities at our local Employability Fora that usually scheduled in October at universities. The 52nd Műegyetem Állásbörze (BME Job Fair) took place between the 11-12th October. The next Job Fair at BME will be arranged in March 2023 where we would like to showcase our first EELISA Internship Opportunities.
- Establishing an Internship Platform where we can advertise international internship opportunities between the European University Alliance and leading stakeholders in the engineering sector.
- Launch our work with prospective students interested in taking up internships coordinated through our EELISA Internship Office.